FINANCIAL & PAYMENT POLICIES
FEES: Resident Youth Fee - $10, Non-Resident Youth Fee - $15 (unless otherwise noted on program page).
Many of our youth programs are free of charge for Oshkosh residents due to the ORD being a part of the Oshkosh Area School District summer school program.
Any payments must be received by the ORD Office for all programs prior to program start date. If payment has not been received, participant will be automatically dropped from the program choice(s).
Payment may be made via cash, check (Payable to ORD) or credit card (online, in office, or via phone - a $1.50 convenience fee will be assessed).
- Returned Check Policy: There is a service charge of $25.00 for all returned checks.
In an effort to provide better experience for our customers, the ORD will adhere to the following guidelines when dealing with waitlist participants:
- Participants that do not show up for the first day of class without notifying the ORD office will not be dropped from the class WITH THE EXCEPTION of Archery, Cupcake Wars, Poms, Stitching. If a participant misses the first day of archery, cupcake wars or poms they will be dropped from the class.
- For all other classes, the ORD office will make one attempt to contact the participant who missed the first class. This communication will be in the form of an email sent from the ORD general email.
- If the participant still does not show for the class after attempted correspondence, we will try to add to the class from the existing waitlist.
- The ORD will send out an email to waitlist participants. The first to respond to the email will be given the opportunity to enroll in the class. If payment is required, the waitlist participant will need to pay by either stopping into the office or paying via credit card over the phone before enrollment is complete.
Financial assistance will be given to those who are OASD residents who qualify for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program.
Refunds will be processed under the following conditions:
- A 100% refund will be issued if programs are cancelled by the ORD if the minimum enrollment is not met, lack of qualified instructors or if facility/equipment malfunctions. You will be notified if this occurs.
a 50% refund will be issued if If fees have been paid and you drop from a program with a minimum of 10 days advanced notice.
No refund will be issued to those who are automatically dropped from a class due to lack of attendance or failure to pay prior to program, or for those who notify us for any reason less that 10 days prior to the first day of class or once class begins.
SWIM LESSON INFORMATION
The Oshkosh Recreation Department Swimming Lesson Classes 1, 2, and 3 will be held at Oshkosh North High School. Class 4 will be held at the Pollock Community Water Park.
SWIM LESSON ENROLLMENT PROCESS
- Participants may initially enroll in a maximum of one class per season. Participants may not register for two classes in the same session.
- If you are unsure what level to register your child for, please call the ORD office at (920)424-0150 and we will try to assist you. If you have taken lessons elsewhere, please provide us with that information on your registration form under the swim lesson notes section so we may properly process your form.
- Registration is a 2-part process:
- Part 1 - We approve your child's registration, meaning we ensure that your child is signed up for the right swim level. If that is the case, you will receive an email Notification that your child has been approved. This is only the first step and does NOT guarantee that your child is registered.
- Part 2 - We go on to complete your child's Registration. If there is a spot available in the Class in which you have enrolled your child, you will receive another email Notification that confirms Registration. If there is not an available spot, you will receive an email Notification that states that Registration is Pending. We will contact you if a spot becomes available.
- If you are going to miss the first scheduled day of class, you MUST notify the ORD Office at (920) 424-0150, prior to the first day!
- Registrations are NOT accepted at the pool site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with the Head Instructor at your lesson site or call the ORD at (920) 424-0150.
ORD Code of Conduct
- Showing up for programming or letting the ORD know that Participant will be absent prior to start of class. In some cases, missing the first session of a class will warrant cancellation of further participation.
- Being respectful of the instructor, fellow participants, and equipment / supplies being used for class
- Using proper language before, during, and after class
- Not participating in unsafe activities that may harm the participant or others around them
- Wearing appropriate clothing
- Cooperating with ORD instructors.
24 Hour Dropbox
Our convenient drop box slot is located in the left-hand door of our west entrance off Algoma Boulevard (Door #3).