Beginner 1 - Intro to Basics
Formerly Level I – Introduction To Water Skills
- 5 years of age minimum OR
- Passing of Pre-School 3 & 4 (formerly 3 & 4 year old Beginner or Advanced)
This class is for the child who enjoys submersion, is comfortable on their back in the water and actively uses their arms and legs to move in the water. All basic skills for swimming on front and back are taught. An adult must attend and participate in this class with the child in the water.
NEW: Winter resident registration begins Monday, January 4, 2021 and Monday, January 11, 2021 for all nonresidents.
NEW: Due to COVID-19, there are several changes to be aware of with our lesson program:
- Instructors will teach from the deck only. If you have a child registered in Parent-Child, Pre-School, Beginner 1, 2, Advanced 3, or Older Beginner, the child must have a parent/guardian with them in the water. It is preferred this person is from your same household.
- Face coverings will be required to be worn at all times while in the facility, (entering, exiting, etc) EXCEPT when in the water during the lesson.
- Use of locker rooms will be limited. Please come dressed for class.
- Class size is limited. Class sizes and offerings have been greatly reduced to help promote social distancing and safety protocol.
- As this is is a fluid situation, we will communicate any changes to classes or protocol as soon as they are known.